Full time/ Part Time Chef
To cover our Head Chef's days off and holidays. Ideally to work 2 to 3 days a week (10am to 4pm) minimum of 18 hours per week; reporting to our Head Chef/Manager at our busy Private Members Golf Club; the premier golf club in Rutland. Afull time position can be made available for the right candidate after an initial trial period.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in cooking and the preparation of foods for our Snack and Match menus
- Responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the head chef
- Ensure standards of food are consistently high
- Assist the head chef to ensure the club has the stock required to provide an efficient service to members, guests and visitors
- Ensure the kitchen is fully stocked at all times and advise the head chef accordingly regarding requirements
Hold a basic hygiene certificate in accordance with food industry recommendations and have a high standard of health and hygiene
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards
CLEANER (PART TIME)
As a top 100 golf course and a prestigious private members golf club, the main responsibility is to provide an excellent cleaning service with attention to detail at the forefront, following all health and safety requirements.
Such tasks include:
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping
- Wiping/disinfecting of various surfaces including taps, door handles, tables etc.
- Cleaning toilets/ hand basins, showers etc.
- Maintain sufficient stock levels in use such as: toilet roll, hand towels, soap dispensers
- Polish mirrors, brass signage and other applicable surfaces
- Perform and document routine inspections of various areas.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects, as requested
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repair
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level
- Ability to prioritise work and able to work with minimum supervision
- Take pride in a job well done.
To apply or find out more information, please contact Tom Sharpe, Club Manager.
01780 720 205 ext. 3